Kompany Family Theatre is dedicated to nurturing playwrights through the development, workshop, and performance stages of creating new scripts for young audiences.
2018 Playwriting Boot Camp (February 24 & 25)
The Playwriting Boot Camp is conceived of and team-taught by the fantastic duo well-known dramaturg/director, Tracy Carroll and award-winning Edmonton playwright, Conni Massing. Participants in this two-day intensive workshop will:
- explore theatre for young audiences and families,
- explore and apply script writing techniques and structures to writing for these audiences, and
- generate ideas, themes, characters and story-lines that can be developed further.
2018 Playwriting Boot Camp Info
2018 Playwright’s Circle (beginning April 2)
The Playwright’s Circle consists of three phases:
- a six-session, supportive playwright circle where playwrights develop their scripts, (led by Tracy Carroll & Conni Massing)
- a script reading and workshop with a professional director and actors
- an in-school reading and workshops with the intended target market
2018 Playwright Circle Info
We are also happy to read unsolicited scripts that are appropriate to our audiences! Contact Artistic Director, Jan Taylor, at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a script or for more information.